- Hard landscaping isn’t like plants, you can’t transplant it if you don’t like the effect
- A fresh eye can analyse the strengths and weaknesses of the existing garden
- A good designer will listen to what you want and guide you through what is – and isn’t – possible for your budget
- If you don’t know what you want, a designer will help you draw up a wish list (e.g. a place to sit in the sun, a wildlife pond, a herb garden) and stop you going off at a tangent
- A good designer will make sure the elements of your new garden create a cohesive whole rather than patchwork of disparate styles
If you still fancy designing your own garden then be sure to check out the guides in our garden design area.